Monday, August 22, 2016

Lemon Iced Tea

This week at I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC), it is "Special Edition : No Cook Challenge" theme. It is always hot and humid around here, so no cook challenge is a welcome theme indeed! For this special theme, we can use any recipes from any our previous featured chefs or our current featured chef. I've decided to use Curtis Stone's recipe, Lemon Iced Tea, which I've made a few times already.



The ingredients needed ; apple juice (no added sugar), herb tea bag, lemon juice and lemon wedge, and some water. No heat required! I've used mixed apple cranberry juice. For the tea bag, I've used lemon myrtle herb tea bag.  



So simple : mix everything in a glass, leave to infuse the tea bag for about 5 minutes or so.



Remove the tea bag and enjoy sips of this delightful tea drink. This is refreshing, makes a great thirst quencher on hot days!



 Sometimes I drink it warm, but most times times I've added ice cubes. And I've even added a tablespoon of honey on days that I want a sweet tea! 



Lemon Iced Tea
(adapted from coles.com, recipe by Curtis Stone)
100nml apple juice (with no added sugar)
100ml water
1 herbal tea bag (lemon soothers give a nice aroma)
1 squeeze lemon juice and lemon wedge

  1. Place all ingredients in glass, then let tea bag infuse.
  2. Serve immediately.
(p/s : recipe is no longer available at coles.com)



I'm linking this post with I Heart Cooking Clubs (IHCC), theme for this week,
"Special Edition : No Cook Challenge"




3 comments:

  1. you can't get enough liquid when hot. This is a refreshing drink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sound of this one. And no boiled water makes it super simple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iced tea always tastes so delicious on a hot day. I really like the combination of flavors you add to your iced teas. ;-)

    ReplyDelete